2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 white onion, sliced into half moons
4 cloves of garlic, smashed
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup mirin
¼ cup honey
¼ cup sesame oil
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons of flour
1) Whisk soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, mirin, honey, sesame oil and red pepper flakes together.
2) Put chicken in crock pot and top with garlic and onions.
3) Pour sauce on top of chicken and onions.
4) Cook on high for about two hours.
5) Take the chicken out of the crock pot. Take one cup of sauce out of the crock pot and add the flour, whisking to thicken.
6) Add the remaining sauce and the sauce with the flour into a sauce pan over medium high heat. Once it boils, put it to low and let it reduce for about fifteen minutes until it gets a thicker consistency.
7) Serve chicken with rice and sauce on top.