3 to 4 pound pork shoulder with the bone in
2 tablespoons canola oil
100 oz. of beer (I use Fosters)
1 white onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 little tiny can of tomato paste
2 tablespoons cumin
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
2 tablespoons mustard powder
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 bay leaves
1) Heat the canola oil on medium high in a big dutch oven bigger than the pork shoulder.
2) Salt and pepper the pork shoulder. You can’t use too much here.
3) Sear the pork shoulder on all sides in the dutch oven for five minutes. You can’t over cook it here.
4) Pour all the beer you have in the pot until the whole pork shoulder is covered. Drink the rest.
5) Put everything else in the pot and put a lid on top. Set the burner to high and once it boils, turn it down to low so it continues to boil only a little.
6) Let it do that for six hours.
7) Take the pork shoulder out of the dutch oven, shred it up, add some extra liquid to the shredded pork from the dutch oven if you like.
8) Serve it with bbq sauce on the side and buns.