3 heads of broccoli separated in florets
3 chicken breasts
1 tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves diced
1 medium white onion diced
¼ cup flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup milk
6 oz jarlsberg cheese shredded (use swiss or gruyeye or whatever you like!)
⅓ cup grated parmesan reggiano
¼ cup breadcrumbs
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degree
2) Use a tablespoon of olive oil to coat 9 x 13 baking dish. You can use a paper towel to rub the oil around.
3) Boil enough water to submerge broccoli. Add the broccoli and boil for three minutes. Drain and add to the baking dish.
4) Pan fry chicken breast over medium about five minutes a side until it’s no longer pink. Once it cools, cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
5) Throw butter in the pan on medium. Once hot, add onion in for five minutes stirring frequently. Add the garlic for another minute after that, stirring frequently.
6) Combine the flour in the pan and whisk until there are no more clumps. Add salt, pepper, broth and milk, then bring to a boil. Once it does, take it off the heat and stir in half of the shredded cheese.
7) Pour half the sauce you just made on the broccoli in the baking dish and mix it up.
8) Put the chicken on top of the broccoli and add the rest of the cheese sauce.
9) Top with the remaining shredded cheese, the grated parmesan cheese and then breadcrumbs.
10) Bake for 30 minutes, then broil the top if you want to brown it up a bit. Be careful, it only needs to broil for about a minute.